Monday, October 18, 2010

A Bittersweet Day

I could not sleep any more; I would toss and turn for several hours every night before I would finally fall asleep. And to make matters worse, I would wake up crazy early and could not go back to sleep. My overall sleeping time was maybe 5 to 6 hours per night.



And that is how I went to work every day for about 10 months. Well not everyday, because there were days when I just could not get myself out of bed. Even though I could not sleep, just laying there seemed to help me feel better.



I had a lot of issues, but the worst one was the pain in my neck and shoulders, and because of it, I could not do my job duties anymore. I did not believe in conventional medicine, but I finally went to see a doctor just so I could get a note stating that I could not do the heavy lifting anymore.



Well my doctor told me that I had muscle spasms and thus he prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxers. Right away my instinct told me that it was a bad combination and thus I never even went to pick up the meds. However, a month later, my condition got so bad that my doctor told me to just quit my job, and look for something else.



And so I did. July 4, 2008 I signed my release papers, and on July 11, 2008 it was official that I was no longer employed. It was a bittersweet day. Sweet because I was able to take a break from work and recuperate, but bitter because I did not know what kind of job I would find, or how I would end up paying my bills.



My doctor had given me anti-depressants, and this time I actually went and picked them up, because I had hit rock bottom and I needed something to pick me up. However, when I got home I read the warning label, and flushed them down the toilet. Why did I do that? Because the label said that they would cause thoughts of suicide. I have never been suicidal and even in my worse situation, I knew that it was not the end even though it seemed like it. I knew that things would get better, and I had no intention of ruining that.



Since I had quit my job, I decided that I no longer needed the doctors and that I would find my own way to heal myself. I figured within a few months I would be good as new. But a few months went by and I still had all the pain, not as severe, but it was still there. I spent a lot of time in front of the computer and there were many days when I could not hold my head up. I mean literally.



I did all my exercises that I had been given, but I was not getting better. I kept searching for answers online on how to cure muscle spasms, and in almost every forum that I went to there was talk of fibromyalgia, and how it resulted from prolonged muscle spasms. I had never heard of it before, and had no idea what it was, but from what I read I discovered that it was incurable.



I knew that I did not have anything that was not curable, and thus I did not look into what fibromyalgia was. But one day, as I in desperation searched for answers again, I decided to look into what fibromyalgia really was. I cried when I saw the list of symptoms that are associated with the disease...because I had just about all of them.



I knew that I could not go back to the doctors, and so I continued to search online on ways that I could help myself naturally and heal myself. It is now just over 2 years and I have come a long way! Most of my symptoms are gone, I still get cold easy, but I don’t crank my furnace to 28 degrees F anymore. And I still battle with depression from time to time when the pain returns. But for the most part I feel good, and am ready to take on the world.



I have found so many good people here online who have helped me, and there is no way that I can ever thank them enough. But I figure the least that I can do is pay it forward, and that is my reason for starting this blog and my website LivingFood101; to share my story and help spread the news about natural health.

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment